It’s time to clear the air folks! I love using my DoTerra essential oils for cleaning because of their purity and great aroma. There are so many different combination’s possible and the best part is that everyone of these essential oils will not only kill most or all of the bacteria and airborne toxins lurking in your home, office, or school but will give you tremendous physical and emotional benefits while you do it. Can your cleaner do that? Scroll down for natural cleaning recipes.
For those of you using the typical househ0ld cleaning products consider this very small handful of statistics related to the dangers of these chemicals:
- 150 chemicals found in the home are connected to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological disorders.
[Source: Consumer Protection Agency (CPA)]
- Women who work in the home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than women who work outside of the home.
[Source: 17- year EPA study]
- The average child visits the doctor 23 times in the 1st 4 years of life, with the most common complaint being respiratory ailment.
[Source: National Center for Health Statistics, 1997]
- The American Association of Poison Control Centers reported the largest occurrences of household poisoning are directly related to cleaners such as, toilet bowl cleaners, bleach, detergents and air fresheners.
- There has been 85,000 new chemicals introduced into mainstream America since the end of world war 2. In the last 2 years, the EPA has only tested 4.
- Indoor levels of air pollutants can be 2-5 times higher, and occasionally 100 times higher, than outdoor levels.
EPA Indoor Environments Division, Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools: Actions to Improve IAQ (September 1999)
- Children with asthma make more than 2.7 million physician visits annually.
American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology Initiatives. Update on Pediatric Asthma: Promoting Best Practice.
Here are a few easy recipes to get you started on a much safer mode of cleaning:
1 1/2 cups vinegar
1/2 cup water
8 drops of your favorite citrus oil (Citrus Bliss is my favorite but Lemon, Grapefruit, & Purify work great too)
Fill a spray bottle full of distilled water
1 squirt of a natural liquid soap
5 drops Lavender
5 drops Lemon
5 drops Lemongrass
1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
Choose one of these oil options:
30 drops White Fir, 5 drops Grapefruit, 5 drops Melaleuca
35 drops of On Guard
5 drops of Purify
Personal Disinfectant & Sanitizing Spray (to replace your antibacterial hand sanitizer)
Fill small 15 ml bottle with spray nozzle with distilled water
2 drops Lemon
4 drops On Guard
Disinfectant and Sanitizing Spray (Air Freshener- this can be sprayed on anything from toilet seats to apple slices–safe enough to eat!)
Fill a 4 oz bottle filled with distilled water or strong acid water (kangen)
15 drops On Guard
6 drops Lemon
What a fun way to clean! I’ll admit I’m not perfectly stocked with my natural concoctions, but at least I continue to discover new ways of protecting my family. Essential oils are a blessing in every way. Stay tuned for more cleaning recipes to come and get yourself stocked on the most ideal oils known to man! Take a breathe of fresh air with essential oils.
Become Part Of The Health Revolution To Achieve Health, Wealth, & Wholeness Using Essential Oils. Click Here To Discover How To Partner With Me To Generate A Substantial Income By Helping Yourself & Others Heal Naturally!
A FREE eBook And AudioBook on essential oils is also available immediately when you sign up below. My gift to you! Have a beautiful day.
Disclaimer Notice: The information contained in this announcement is intended for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for medical care or to prescribe treatment for any specific health condition.