1. What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the volatile liquids that are distilled from plants (including their respective parts such as seeds, leaves, stems, roots, flowers, fruit, etc). They contain therapeutic medicinal compounds that have the potential to support and remedy issues within the body.
2. Why doTERRA?
- They are committed to sharing the life-enhancing benefits of therapeutic grade essential oils with the world.
- They are committed to providing the best quality and utmost integrity of their products.
- They are committed to offering education for everyone to create self-reliance in health.
- They are committed to support the network of individuals who share and sell their products.
- They are devoted to the marriage of traditional and alternative medicine to encourage further study and application of their oils in modern healthcare practices.
3. How do I use essential oils on myself and family?
Watch this video on the 3 simple ways to best use essential oils…
4. What is the difference between doTERRA essential oils and health food or other retail store brands?
DoTERRA provides Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) essential oils. Most essential oils found in health food stores are not Therapeutic Grade. There are four grades of oils-
1) Grade A essential oils are pure therapeutic quality (highest grade) and are usually made from naturally (often organically) grown plants distilled at the proper temperatures using steam distillation. This is the category that all of doTERRA’s essential oils and oil-enhanced products are in. Gas Chronometer and Mass Spectrometry (GCMS) testing standards will be used to “Certify” the highest quality standards in the industry, meeting or exceeding ISO and AFNOR standards.
The other categories of essential oils (for reference) are as follows:
2) Grade B essential oils are food grade; they may contain synthetics, pesticides, fertilizers, chemical/synthetic extenders, or carrier oils.
3) Grade C oils are perfume grade and may contain the same type of adulterating chemicals as food grade oils. They also usually contain solvents which are used to gain a higher yield of the oil.
4) Floral Water is a byproduct of the distillation process and can be very high quality if it comes from a Grade A distillation process. Accordingly it is of very low quality if it comes from poor quality raw materials and/or poor distillation processes.
5. How do I learn about essential oils?
There are several avenues to obtain information on how to use doTERRA’s essential oils and other products offered by doTERRA. Contact me for events in your area, to obtain the modern essentials guidebook to essential oils, and to get education from websites and webinars provided by doTERRA.
6. What is a diffuser and how does it work?
DoTERRA’s exclusive essential oil diffuser uses highly efficient real time ultrasonic atomization technology to effectively diffuse our essential oils into the air. They essential oils are atomized into minute ion particles and active oxygen anions, which are more easily absorbed by the human body than conventional thermal diffusers. The doTERRA Lotus diffuser uses modern air purification technologies such as nanosilver filtration, cold catalyst filtration, active carbon filtration, electrostatic filtration, and so on. This ensures that the active ingredients in our essential oils are completely discharged allowing it to naturally release the full efficacy of the oils aroma-therapeutic effect. The atomized moisture contained in the mist also helps skin retain its moisture and is especially suited for air conditioned room and dry environments.
7. Do essential oils have an expiration date?
DoTERRA has a lifetime shelf life if cap is sealed. Once opened essential oils will eventually loose some of the therapeutic properties over time due to exposure and oxidation to the outside air, however, doTERRA essential oils unlike nearly all oils on the market will hold its integrity for life if the container has not yet been opened. Great for emergencies and storage!!
8. Are there any side effects with doTERRA essential oils?
There are no side effects with these essential oils because of their standard of purity. Currently the only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils on the market today! Safe, natural, effective healing and maintenance.
9. Are the oils safe to use on my children? Are they safe to use if I am pregnant?
Yes and yes. There are some essential oils that you may need to use with extra precautions on children or pregnancy so dilute as necessary. (I have used these oils on my newborns just minutes old and during my last 3 pregnancies and they are nothing short of amazing and safe for my little ones). Download your FREE Reference Guide to oils that may to understand when dilution and application is different.
10. Are doTERRA essential oils safe for internal consumption?
Yes! Only CPTG essential oils provided by doTERRA should be used internally as other essential oils on the market may be diluted or processed using harmful chemicals.
11. Are essential oils effective for mental health?
Yes! Essential oils such as Frankincense or sandalwood contain a naturally occurring chemical constituent that can go beyond the blood brain barrier and affect the brain to help cure diseases such as Alzheimers, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, and Lou Gehrig’s.
Essential oils can be a powerful key to help unlock and release emotional trauma, alleviate ADHD, nervous disorders, depression, addiction, and so forth by calming the mind.
12. What is the cost comparison to other brands?
Compared with thousands of brands on the market for essentials and even high quality supplementation and considering their purity and potency, doTERRA is extremely competitive and cost is relatively low. Those enrolled in a wholesale membership receive greater discounts for using and sharing. Click here for more info…..Thank you doTERRA!
13. What is the cost to enroll in a wholesale membership with doTERRA to get wholesale price?
$35 is the initial cost, however product enrollment kits include the enrollment fee making it even more cost effective.
14. Do I have to sell or share doTERRA if I enroll to get wholesale pricing?
No. You are not obligated to anything once enrolled. You are welcome to share or sell doTERRA products for compensation if you choose with a minimum monthly purchase requirement of 100PV (you have to walk the talk to experience the health benefits and use of doTERRA products).
The Loyalty Rewards Program is optional to obtain free products, incentives, and paychecks. It is a monthly product purchase. Click here for full details
15. What is the business opportunity?
doTERRA is a business based on networking. Anyone who is enrolled in doTERRA as a consultant (wholesale member) has the opportunity to sell doTERRA products with a 100PV monthly product commitment for compensation.
Currently, doTERRA’s retention rate is three times the national average because of their effectiveness in changing the course of ill health! They have a very reputable and handsome commission structure to those who share their products. Contact me for more info….
16. Is it safe to use essential oils while taking other over the counter medicines?
You may find that the oils are actually more effective than many of the OTC medicines, and may wish to replace some of the old items in your medicine cabinet. ***Download your FREE guide to doTERRA essential oils that replaced all of my old OTC medications.
17. Can I overdose on the oils like I can with medication? How do I know if I am using too much, or applying them too often?
Moderation in all things is a true principle. While the vast majority of essential oils can be used freely, there are a few than contain compounds that could be toxic at higher dosages (Wintergreen, Idaho tansy, Hyssop would be examples).
18. Do I have to dilute the oils before applying them topically?
Dilution is not required for most people. However, each person’s skin is different, and each person’s tolerance or sensitivity to the oils will vary. Some oils are very mild like Lavender, and can be applied without dilution on most people. Oregano or On Guard however, will probably require some dilution. Start out by diluting the oils, or by applying a small amount to the wrist. If it begins to burn apply a carrier oil to help dilute it. Dilution is a good practice for young children.
19. What should I use to dilute the oils for topical application or to calm the skin when using a more intense oil?
doTERRA’s Fractionated Coconut oil is the best carrier you can use to calm a hot oil on the skin and/or for sensitive areas like eyes that may been exposed to the oils. It is extremely soothing and moisturizing. FCO will not clog pores, is not greasy like most vegetable oils and is feather light. It will never go rancid is odorless, colorless, and will never stain. Great for kids and massage!
Another option for reactive tissues with oils is olive or vegetable oil to soothe it quickly when FCO is not on hand.
20. When applying multiple oils do I need to wait between applying each oil, or can I apply one immediately after the other one?
You do not need to wait between applications of the different oils. They can be applied immediately on top of each other.